I have been having a lot of annoying with the latest ubuntu… Help is welcome:
A list of some of the annoyances:
- Printing to print-server that requires samba authentication. This worked fine in 11.04 and 10.04.. In 11.10 it never authenticated. In the end I had to use a custom backend that uses smbclient directly. It shows the same auth. popup, but printing works.
- Nautilus keeps drawing my background.. Even if I disable it in dconf-editor. Very very annoying.
- gajim does not start with python error about keychain..
- Strange lockups off the laptop on shutdown.
- Printing directly to color laserjet fails. It keeps telling me printer is busy, works fine with same settings from 11.04.
- if I disable wifi and turn it on again (using HW switch) I have to type: nmcli nm wifi off and nmcli wifi on a to get it working again.
- lightdm shutdown button does exactly nothing.. always have to switch to terminal to shutdown.
It is that we use ‘ubuntu’ as sort of ‘default’ at work, but I am considering switching to something else..
With the last several releases things I use for work got worse and worse every release. It became harder and harder to use openbox+tint2 as desktop, etc.