GMPC Command line
I integrated the easy-command line into GMPC as a small command line.
You can use this command line to quickly play a song, search for something, etc. This was already available in a popup, but I preferred to integrate it in the main GUI. Let me know if you think I should add more commands to it.
(might not be up2date)
switch play queue: Switch to play queue
- switch metadata browser: Switch to the metadata browser
- switch search: Switch to the search browser
- quit: Quit gmpc
- hide: Hide gmpc
- show: Show gmpc
- show notification: Show the tray-icon notification. (if enabled)
- play: start playback
- pause: pause playback
- next: next song
- prev: previous song
- stop: stop playback
random (on off): Random (on off)
repeat (on off): Repeat (on off)
- volume [+-]?[0-9]+: Volume
- mute: Mute
- play .*: Play
- seek hh:mm:ss: Seek to position
- seek +hh:mm:ss: Seek relative to current position
- seek -hh:mm:ss: Seek backwards relative to current position
Requires gmpc 0.18.1 and mpd 0.15.0:
- repeat current song: Repeats the currently playing song forever
- stop after current song: Stops playback after current song.
consume (on off)
single (on off)
- add .*: Add
- replace .*: Replace
- Clear play queue: Clear play queue
- Crop current song: Clears the whole play queue without removing the current playing song.
- url [a-Z]://.*: add url.
- search database .*: Search database
- search playlist .*: Search playlist
- show current song: Show the page of the current playing song.
- show current artist: Show the page of the current playing artist.
- show current album: Show the page of the current playing album.
The syntax consist of the following:
This will search for value in the field field.
The following fields are supported:
- Name (applies to streams)
- Any (searches all the above fields)
This search is tokenized and case insensitive, so for example:
Will match both “eric clapton”, “Clapton, Eric”. To stop this tokenization wrap the values in* ()*. For example:
Will not match “Clapton, Eric”.
To refine you search multiple queries can be concattenated:
artist=Eric Clapton album=Slowhand
|There is also an option to run multiple queries at once by using the or operator **||**:|
artist=Eric Clapton || artist=Norah Jones
This will return all songs by Eric Clapton and Norah Jones.
You can chain multiple commands by using ‘;‘
- Escape: Close the command line.
- Backspace: (if empty) close the command line.
- Enter: Execute the command.