Random Gnome3 Thoughts
I have been testing gnome 3 on my (now fixed again!!) 6 year old thinkpad T42p.
- Looks good, smooth
- Not so good when pc gets a bit more busy. Everything gets slow.
- Setting panel: did I switch to osX?
- Where did my nice battery information go? I could see current power consumption and the like.
- Why is everything so HUGE. the window border is very large, but does not provide me with a lot of information or interaction. Breadcrumb in nautilus is atleast twice what it should be. (in height).
We can save a lot of real estate here.
- Why not make space for new application?
- Shutdown? hello anyone? (log out, then gdm allows you to shutdown)