Gmpc magnatune plugin memory reduction.
Being ill is not fun, but it does give you the time to tackle something that is been buggin you for a while.
(if you are not to ill, off course).
I’ve spend 30 minutes replacing libxml in the magnatune plugin with libaxl.
What happens in the following plots is the following:
- start gmpc. (first “bar”)
- tell magnatune to fetch a new database. (“the low part”)
- let gmpc load it. (The next spike)
- let gmpc remove all unneeeded entries (from a previous attempted to keep things in check, this reduces tree with 60%).
- close gmpc (vallgrind was using around 2.5 gig of memory at this time, so my machine was swapping like crazy).
Libxml (on archlinux x86_64):
libaxl (on archlinxu x86_64):