GMPC 0.14.0 Release Candidate 1
It’s finally here. gmpc 0.14.0 Release Candidate 1.
This needs allot of testing, I am not even 100% sure the generated tar.gz files are correct. I wrote a small script that build them (it removes the GOB2 dependency for example).
A small list of some of the changes in 0.14.0:
- Main Interface change: Moved from a player+playlist to one window with both integrated. ( screenshot )
- Profile support, easily switch between several mpd’s without re-entering connection information. (screenshot, screenshot2 )
- Extended remote-metadata support this now consist off: Album Art, Album information, Lyrics, Artist images, Artist information.
- X-Session support.
- Improved database search and playlist search. ( screenshot )
- Support for column view in playlist.
- Efficient playlist backend. Playlist is now loaded on-demand, improving gmpc speed on slow network, and on slow machines. f.e. 25000 song playlist over a slow wireless network is viewed instantly.
- Full mpd 0.12.1 support. All metadata types are now fully supported (comment tag, performer tag, Disc tag, Composer tag etc).
- Song information viewer ( screenshot )
- Metadata Browser ( screenshot )
- Different views of the main window. From full size to a small player
- The often requested Hide-to-tray on close.
- More keybindings.
- Downloading and parsing of pls, m3u and extm3u files.
- Alot more!!!
Gmpc runs on linux, bsd, mac osX, and windows.
But if this isn’t enough there are several plugins to add functionality to gmpc. To name a few:
- Cover Amazon: Fetches album art, and album information from amazon.
- Lyric fetcher: Fetches lyrics from lyric wiki, leolyrics, etc.
- Magnatune: Allow you to browse and listen to albums on magnatune. It also fetches the album/artist art from magnatune.
- Server statistics: shows detailed information about mpd’s database.
You can get the Release Candidate here
Bugs can be reported here, or you can contact via IRC on #mpd on freenode.net
NOTE: To install gmpc you first need to install libmpd.Â if you installed libmpd but gmpc cannot find it, try setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH. (export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=