In my opinion, E. Clapton’s best album.
yes I know, this was random .
Gmpc is progressing slowly, but it’s getting better by the day. I hope to release it as soon as possible. In my opinion will it will be a better improvement then 0.12->0.13
Some of the features of gmpc:
- Fast on slower pc’s and slower network connections. Gmpc uses lazy loading models to improve the responsiveness off the gui. Even on low end hardware. (tested over 1mbit wifi connection on a 266mhz iMac)
- Portable, thanks to gtk+, it runs fine on mac osX, linux, *bsd and windows.
- Metadata support, it can show and fetch artist images, album covers, album information, artist information and song lyrics.
- gmpc supports and uses plugins to extend the functionality. You can easily add another source for cover art, support for libnotify, wikipedia integration, etc.
You can view your music based on file structure, or sorted by artist/album. Or define your own structure, one I use often sorted on genre/artist/album/ and year/album/
different interface layouts, ordered on size.
- Fully up-to-date with mpd, it supports all the features from the upcoming mpd release.
- Profile support, running multiple mpd’s? or you run mpd on your laptop and often switch? gmpc now supports profiles,with just a few clicks you switch from host to host.
- Improved multimedia key support. You can now bind it from inside gmpc, and more options can be bound to key-combinations.
- and allot more. I’ll try to make a pages with screenshots showing off the new stuff later.
edit: hmmm worpress doesn’t make the list look correct