As posted yesterday, I redid the whole config system, while keeping completely api compatible with the old one. After I moved the 2 files in the gmpc tree, recompiled. everything worked, the plugins worked withouth an recompile.
I didn’t expect it to go that easy.
Now the settings are stored in a ini file markup, vim nicely highlights it, and it is probly a bit more efficient then the old one.
There are a few thing I want to give a try:
- Add support for signals
- Reloading the file when it changed
- Keep comment in file intact when saving
Beside the config system I got alot of bugs squashed yesterday, small features implemented, code improvements etc.
So everybody running gmpc from svn: update!.
If you find bugs please please report them, see here.
Also if you want to make a feature request.