I needed to use gpx-viewer, so I decided to directly give it some updates:
- Install application/gpx+xml mime type for *.gpx files.
This however breaks make distcheck. (update-mime-database creates some directories, that are not gone on uninstall.. How do I work around this?)
- Update recentmanager to use this mime type for recent files.
- Call update-desktop-database on install/uninstall.
- Merge the GTK3 branch into master.
- Small cleanups.
There is one problem though, for some reason. GPX-Viewer does not get ‘seen’ as an application that can open application/gpx+xml files. Even though I have it set in the .desktop file and I update the desktop database file.
So for GPX-Viewer 0.3 the following changes will be in:
- Port to GTK3
- Port to libchamplain 0.12
- Track now has height-colors.
- Tracks are clickable. clicking on atrack will highlight that point in the graph.
- Use GtkApplication instead of Unique.
- Stopped detection on tracks. (points detected as stopped are highlighted red.)
- Filter out points that are a linear continuation. (should make for less complex tracks, so improved performance)