When doing the latest release (11.8) I planned to make another release this month (11.11). But as it currently looks this is going to be a problem. Again help welcome.
Because off lack of time on my side and the magic vanishing action of LibertyZero I strongly doubt I will will be able to make a release this month. (Crap)
But a changelog so far:
What’s New in 11.11
- New sidebar. (more info here) Different view, ordering into categories, etc.
- Removing status bar, moving status icons into sidebar.
- Changed collapsed mode. (more info here)
- Fixed keybindings for browsers and keybinding highlight mode. (more info)
- Move to libglyr. This is a big one. It removes a lot of functionality from GMPC and into GLYR.
Metadata is something that is in constant flux, providers appear, gone missing, break api, etc. Having
this in a separate library is good for GMPC maintainability.
- – Remove metadata cache (now in libglyr)
- – Remove metadata plugins (now provided by libglyr)
- – Add separate Backdrops metadata type.
- – Remove pixbuf cache (to be done)
- – Replace metadata selector. (to be done)
- AutoMPD: Run GMPC without setting up MPD. (More info here)
Improved in 11.11
- Tooltips over sidebar.
- Slight improvement to startup times.
- Removal off old, deprecated code.