Been working in the train on SDLMPC aka, squishybox. At the moment I support bitmap caching (for better memory usage and performance) and I directly implemented Theme support.
To keep things simple more widgets are just pictures, that must be available in 3 states: NORMAL, HIGHLIGHT, PRESSED.
It been progressing slowly, but starting to get more and more useful, currently the following is working:
- Now Playing works, you can play,pause,stop,forward, backward, seek in a song and change volume.
- Notifications work, if repeat/random/single/consume changes you get a popup.
- Database browser works, you can now add directories and songs. (with the side note that adding a directory by touch is not yet supported, but I got ideas on how todo it)
- Server settings work (setting random, repeat, single consume), outputs is still a todo.
- Alarm work, you can have squishybox wake you up.
- remote control works (via ir)
- Presence detection works (squishybox will wake up when you get close)
- Running on a PC works (yes use your interface on your computer too)
Even though it is an impressive list, there is still a lot left todo. Like play-queue view, context menu’s etc.
And a small movie:
But I still need help with UI design and many other things!!!!