I have been working on and off on the new GMPC release.
Until now there have been 3 pre-releases:
But I need help! Help on this release (testing mostly!) and in general.
For this release I need people testing GMPC:
- I have hit several times a rare crash, that I was unable to track back or reproduce.
- Marking bugs “to be tested” as fixed. Bugtracker.
- Website needs updating. (screenshot, guides etc)
- Plugins need to be verified if they still work.
You can get the latest (testing) gmpc here:
- ubuntu: GMPC-Trunk PPA
- Archlinux: AUR Package
- Gentoo: The MPD-Overlay. (right link?)
- Source: Here
- Windows: installer, portable apps
- Mac OsX: unavailable atm. sorry.
Changes in the upcoming release (not complete):
- Humanity icon theme
- A pixbuf cache. Avoid loading image at the same size twice, and reloading images.
- Async loading/scaling off images from the hard-disk.
- Async mpd query handler. Loads data over a separate connection.
- Copy message to clipboard button.
- Use load command to make mpd load remote playlists (mpd 0.16 only)
- Update now playing look.
- Support for showing and setting ‘raw image data’. This makes a plugin that reads embedded image possible.
- Make HTML text correctly display. (Converting to utf8)
- Do no close the popup, when mouse over.
- Remember previous path in file-selectors.
- Add quick-playlist-add menu to favorite button.
- Add ‘search-as-you-type’ option to search.
- Support easy-command via gmpc-remote
- Allow to jump to metadata browser from now playing.
- A updated hicolor theme.
- Make metadata browser use the style off the new now-playing browser.
- Fix sorting order off the Database browser.
- Speedup filling of directory view in file browser.
- Fixed several smaller and larger memory leaks.
- Sorting bug in metadata.
- Remove unused function.
- metadata browser: Double click opens song, not plays it.
- Do not load weblinks from the wiki anymore (possible security risk)
- Do not include vala generated C code, generate this build time. (in git)