I have moved from svn to git. I will try to keep svn “in sync” but that will stop somewhere in the future.
I am making things release ready in gmpc, in the upcoming release allot of polish went in.
To highlight some points:
* Non-blocking connect. gmpc now connects to mpd in a different thread. This increases usability allot.
* New tag browser. An itunes like browser, fully configurable and with artist, album art.
* Better message reporting, gmpc now shows message inside the main interface. This includes things like “disconnect/connected/timeouts” but also errors from mpd like “Failed to open audio device”.
* GtkStatusIcon intergration. The status icon now works (and tested) on linux, win32 and mac osX.
* Configurable columns in all treeview, including sorting.
* Support for queueing (needs mpd-svn).
* Similar artist support. (via last.fm)
Beside these visible changes, allot of small things under the hood are changed. Internally allot of changes are reported using signals, so if you tell the cover art in the popup to update, the main window and f.e. the metadata browser will follow this change.
Custom widgets are added to improve code-reuse in gmpc (and plugins), this also gives the user a more consistent view.
and much much more.